Welcome, Ohio State Student Veterans! Student Life Disability Services (SLDS) is proud to serve you and would like to assist in making your transition to college as smooth as possible.
Click the links below to navigate this page:
REGISTRATION AND SERVICES ARE CONFIDENTIAL. Receiving SLDS services in NO way impacts VA benefits or a VA Disability Rating. At no point is personal medical information shared with other faculty or staff. Your registration status is only shared with faculty/staff on a need-to-know basis.
SLDS provides a range of support services to students, based on the impacts of their qualifying conditions:
- Exam Accommodations (e.g. extended time; distraction-reduced testing space)
- Notetaking Support (e.g. use of personal notetaking technology/apps; access to lecture slides in advance)
- Attendance and Deadline Modifications (e.g. flexibility with number of excused absences; deadline extensions)
- Assistive Technology (e.g. text-to-speech software; screen-reading technology)
- Accessible Media (e.g. digital textbooks, captioned videos)
- Sign Language Interpreting / Transcribing
- Accommodations Consultation and Advocacy
- Housing/Dining Accommodations
- Disability Parking / Adaptive Transportation
- Other Services (e.g. lab assistants; course substitutions)
Visit our Student Accommodations page to learn more about these support services.
In order to receive services, students must provide documentation of a qualifying condition. Some qualifying conditions include (but are not limited to):
- Mental health conditions (e.g. anxiety, depression, bipolar, PTSD)
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
- Chronic health conditions (e.g. tinnitus, cancer, diabetes, Crohn's Disease, epilepsy)
- Learning disabilities (e.g. dyscalculia, dyslexia)
- Temporary injuries (e.g. broken arm/leg, concussion, surgery recovery)
- Sensory disabilities (e.g. Blind/low vision; D/deaf or Hard of Hearing)
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Mobility conditions (e.g. Cerebral Palsy, paraplegia, quadriplegia)
- Pregnancy-related medical complications
Visit our Registration Process page for instructions on how to get connected to SLDS for services.
Kelly Bonice, SLDS Liaison for Student Veterans: firstname.lastname@example.org.