Campus Education and Advocacy
At Disability services, we believe in educating and empowering all students, faculty, and staff to create a more accessible and inclusive campus.
This video provides a brief overview of Student Life Disability Services. Please feel free to share this video in class or as a part of onboarding training for faculty/staff.
We offer two types of presentations, which are customizable by audience. Please note that in order to best serve our students, we are limited in our availability for presentations during the first six weeks of autumn semester.
- SLDS Overview: This presentation provides an overview of our office’s mission, services, and registration process. For instructor audiences, we can also provide an overview of the accommodation management process.
- Creating Access Together: This presentation provides an introduction to the principles of equal access, and provides tips on how audiences can incorporate those principles into their everyday work. We customize each presentation to focus on the needs of each audience. Subtopics include: teaching strategies, event planning, student services, and accessible documents and media.
- Disability as Diversity: In this presentation, we will briefly review the history of the disability rights movement, explore disability as an aspect of diversity, and discuss how this framework can inform your practice.
To request a presentation, please send us an email which includes:
- date/time options
- requested presentation type
- any specific subtopics you'd like us to include
- audience type (faculty, staff, students) and estimated size
- your goals for the presentation
- modality (virtual or in-person)
Visit our Best Practices and Resources page to view our training materials.