We offer a few different types of registrations, depending on your needs. If you have any questions about the registration process, please contact us.
- Temporary Registrations
- Expedited Registrations
- Standard Registrations
- Registration and Regional Campuses
If you have a temporary injury (e.g. broken bone, concussion, surgery recovery), please complete these steps:
- Submit a New Student Application and upload documentation which confirms your temporary injury (doctor's visit summary, photograph of your cast, etc.). If you have any barriers in being able to complete the application, please give us a call.
- Within a few business days, you'll receive a "Schedule your Temp Registration Meeting" email with instructions on how to complete your registration.
Expedited registrations do not require a Welcome Meeting, and therefore are typically processed faster than standard registrations. If you are only requesting accommodations from the following list, then you may opt-in to an expedited registration:
- priority scheduling
- 1.5x or 2x extended time on exams
- distraction-reduced small group testing space
- note-taking assistance
If you qualify for expedited registration, these are the steps to opt-in:
- On Question #1 of your New Student Application, select “Yes” to opt-in. Please be specific about your requests and remember to upload disability documentation. For more detailed application insturctions, see Standard Registrations, Step 1.
- Within 3 days of uploading documentation, you will receive a status update email confirming your eligibility for expedited registration. If you are not eligible, then the email will explain next steps for standard registration.
- Within one week, you will receive a registration confirmation email which lists your approved accommodations and next steps for requesting those accommodations in your classes.
Step 1: Submit a New Student Application and upload documentation.
- Given the pandemic, we understand it may be difficult for you to obtain medical documentation. Please know that this should not be a cause to delay reaching out to our office. Contact us and we will work with you.
- For guidance on the documentation required, review our Documentation Guidelines.
- Click here to download our Disability Verification Form (which is one way that a medical professional can provide you with disability documentation).
- If you are a veteran and your medical conditions are on file with the VA, we encourage you to contact Ed Mathews, Ohio State VetSuccess on Campus Counselor. Ed can help provide documentation to you in an expedited manner.
- If you have a readily observable disability (e.g. wheelchair user, white cane user), you do not need to upload documentation. Instead, please contact us after submitting your application to schedule your Welcome Meeting.
Step 2: If approved, you will receive a “Schedule Your Welcome Meeting” email within 3 business days.
- Your email will include the name of your assigned Access Specialist (based on your primary major/program).
- If not approved, then you will instead receive an email with instructions for how to provide sufficient documentation.
- To ensure that you do not miss important emails from SLDS, we encourage you to either (1) add the domain "post.accessiblelearning.com" to your safe sender list (click here for Outlook 365 instructions), or (2) regularly check your junk mail folder.
Step 3: Virtually attend your Welcome Meeting.
All Welcome Meetings are currently being conducted via phone or Zoom. During your Welcome Meeting, you and your Access Specialist will discuss:
- Any disability-related barriers you may be experiencing in your academics,
- The accommodations that would best address those barriers, and
- How to set up accommodations in your classes.
Your registration with Disability Services applies to all Ohio State campuses. However, specific accommodation request procedures can vary between campuses. Therefore, if you are planning to take classes at a new campus, we strongly encourage you to connect with that campus's Disability Services office.