March 13th Newsletter
March 13, 2023
The deadline to schedule finals is March 29th!
Finals (occurring during Finals Week, April 26th – May 2nd) need to be scheduled no later than March 29th. Please submit your exam scheduling requests in AIM.
Scheduling Instructions for In-Person Exams:
- Login to AIM and select the Alternative Testing link (listed under My Accommodations on the left side of the screen).
- Select your class from the drop-down menu and click the “Schedule an Exam” button.
- Follow the instructions on this page to submit a scheduling request.
- Your request will soon be reviewed by a staff member. After review, you will receive an email either approving your exam request or asking you to contact firstname.lastname@example.org troubleshooting.
If your exam is designed to be taken at home utilizing Carmen or other virtual assessment method, then you will not schedule these exams at SLDS. Instead, you will communicate with your instructors about logistics (e.g. applying extended time in Carmen). We strongly recommend that you confirm that your time allotted, availability window, and due date are correct before starting a Carmen quiz. If the quiz settings are incorrect, please reach out to your instructor. If you are having difficulty contacting your instructor, please contact SLDS.
AIM Direct Link: https://sierra.accessiblelearning.com/OSU/
Student Life Disability Services is Seeking Nominations!
Student Life Disability Services is seeking nominations from the university community for two awards: The Outstanding Student Advocate Award (for students) and the Dick Maxwell Award (for faculty/staff). Both awards recognize an exemplary commitment to disability access and inclusion on campus. Nominations are due Friday, April 14. More information is online.
Internship Opportunity: CareSource Summer Internship
CareSource is offering a paid internship position starting 5/15 – 8/4. The position is remote with travel to Dayton, OH the first, middle, and last week of the program. Travel and lodging will be provided. Here is the link to the internship position (https://careers.caresource.com/search/jobdetails/summer-internship-2023---complex-health-product-development-and-analysis/3f0788bc-b965-4f8d-bd94-91f5a812b639).
This intern will:
- Use research and intelligence to build strategies and products supporting persons within complex health population.
- Work with data and analytics team in evaluating and monitoring the effectiveness of products and strategies.
- Work alongside other complex health population leaders in helping build product development.
They are looking for individuals with lived experience who identify as disabled. Please reach out to Solomon.Parker@CareSource.com with any questions.
Reminder: Disability on Both Sides of the Desk: Hybrid Plenaries at the 23rd Annual Multiple Perspectives Conference
Multiple Perspectives 2023:
Widening the Circle: Access, Universal Design & Beyond
March 20-21, 2023 - The Ohio State University
The Annual Multiple Perspectives on Access, Inclusion, & Disability conference hosts two plenary sessions (The Ken Campbell and Ethel Louise Armstrong lectures that are free and open to the public. This year they explore the experience of disability through two panels. First a panel of disabled faculty on Monday 3/20 and a closing panel of disabled students on Tuesday 3/21.
Disability On Both Sides of the Desk: A Discussion on Access to the Academy
From the Student Perspective: Disability and Higher Education
Free to Ohio State University Student’s Faculty, and Staff. Explore the 26 sessions (7 via Zoom) and attend one, or a full day.
Multiple Perspectives is hosted by The Ohio State University's ADA Office in the Office of Institutional Equity and is supported by the Ethel Louise Armstrong Fund.
Autistic Students Union at The Ohio State University