Instructions for Using AIM
NOTE: To ensure that you do not miss important emails sent via AIM, we encourage you to either (1) add the domains "@sierra.accessiblelearning.com" and "@mail.accessiblelearning.com" to your safe sender list, or (2) regularly check your junk mail folder.
Submitting the New Student Application
(for Students New to SLDS)
- Access the New Student Application and log in using your OSU credentials.
- Answer the application questions and hit submit at the bottom of the page.
- You will receive a confirmation email and be automatically redirected to an “upload documentation” page. Please upload any relevant files to provide documentation for your application. If you need to return to this page at a later time, use the “upload documentation” link found in your application confirmation email. For more information on what type of documentation to provide to SLDS, please review our Documentation Guidelines.
- Within a few business days, you will receive an application status update via email. This email will either provide instructions for how to complete your registration, or will provide instructions for how to resolve any issues with your application.
NOTE: Unless your disability is readily observable (e.g. wheelchair user, arm in cast), your application will not be processed until you have uploaded documentation to your application. If you run into any problems with the file upload page, please contact SLDS.
Generating “Course Accessibility Letters”
(for SLDS-Registered Students)
- Log in to AIM using your OSU credentials.
- Your dashboard may notify you of e-agreements that you need to sign. Please review these documents and acknowledge them using the prompts on the screen.
- You should now see a list of your enrolled courses. If you do not see one or more of your courses, please contact SLDS.
- Select each course in which you are requesting accommodations. Then, click the button “Step 2 – Continue to Customize Your Accommodations”
- For each course, select all of the accommodations that you are requesting. This checkbox feature allows you to create customized letters for each course! When finished, click the button “Submit Your Accommodation Requests.”
- You’ll be redirected back to your dashboard. Toward the top of the page, you will now see a dropdown menu with each of your courses listed. To access your letters, select a course from the dropdown menu and click the button “Generate PDF.”
- Save each letter to your desktop or other file location. Send the letter to the relevant faculty/staff members as an email attachment.
- Now that your letters have been sent, be sure to: (1) discuss your accommodation requests with the relevant faculty/staff, (2) complete any remaining accommodation procedures (as described in the Student Handbook), and (3) contact SLDS with any questions or concerns.
NOTE: If you make any changes to your accommodation selections after the first time you generate a Course Accessibility Letter, you will not be able to generate the revised letter without approval from your assigned Access Specialist. To expedite the approval process, please contact your Access Specialist after making your accommodation selection changes.