AIM Instructions for Students New to SLDS
Students new to Disability Services (Columbus campus) use the New Student Application to start the registration process. Instructions for using the New Student Application are below. To review the full registration process, please click here.
NOTE: To ensure that you do not miss important emails sent via AIM, we encourage you to either:
- Add the domain "post.accessiblelearning.com" to your safe sender list (click here for Outlook 365 instructions), or
- Regularly check your junk mail folder.
Submitting the New Student Application
(for Columbus Campus Only)
- Access the New Student Application and log in using your OSU credentials.
- Answer the application questions and hit submit at the bottom of the page.
- You will receive a confirmation email and be automatically redirected to an “upload documentation” page. Please upload any relevant files to provide documentation for your application. If you need to return to this page at a later time, use the “upload documentation” link found in your application confirmation email. For more information on what type of documentation to provide to SLDS, please review our Documentation Guidelines.
- Within a few business days, you will receive an application status update via email. This email will either provide instructions for how to complete your registration, or will provide instructions for how to resolve any issues with your application.
NOTE: Unless your disability is readily observable (e.g. wheelchair user, arm in cast), your application will not be processed until you have uploaded documentation to your application. If you run into any problems with the file upload page, please contact SLDS.