AIM Instructions for Faculty/Staff
Student Life Disability Services (Columbus campus) is implementing improvements of our online Accessible Information Management system (AIM). We are excited to announce that beginning May term 2019, our exam accommodation agreements will move from a paper "proctor sheet" to an online system. In addition, accommodation letters previously delivered by students will now be e-mailed directly from our office to faculty and instructors (for Columbus campus courses).
NOTE: To ensure that you do not miss important emails sent via AIM, we encourage you to either:
- Add the domain "post.accessiblelearning.com" to your safe sender list (click here for Outlook 365 instructions), or
- Regularly check your junk mail folder.
New Module Features & Benefits:
- Generates course-specific accommodation letters which students request electronically. After students submit their requests, AIM automatically emails the letters directly to instructors.
- Streamlines the exam scheduling process, allowing students to submit requests and faculty to submit proctoring information electronically.
- Instructors will only need to complete one Testing Agreement per course (not per student as it was in past semesters).
- Includes the ability to add course coordinators as an additional or replacement instructor, providing flexibility for departments in how accommodation requests are managed in common courses.
- Includes an "Instructor Portal,” which allows faculty and course coordinators to see an overview of and process all received accommodation requests in a course without relying on email.
- Includes an "exam upload" feature for Instructors to easily and securely submit exam materials. This new process meets all Ohio State information security standards.
- Provides Student Life Disability Services with a robust exam scheduling system for more efficient coordination and better service for the university community.
Alternative Testing Module:
- Using the Alternative Testing Module for Instructors (PowerPoint)
- Using the Alternative Testing Module for Instructors (PDF)