Disability Services has the honor of awarding multiple scholarships to students with specific disabilities or majors. Below is a list of scholarships with descriptions. The scholarship application process begins during spring semester and awarded at our Annual Recognition Reception. Please note that these scholarships are funded by third-party donations with strict guidelines. For more information on scholarships, please contact Courtney McCrary: email@example.com.
Below is a list of scholarships. Click the links below to navigate the page:
- 1 - The Anna Sborowitz Scholarship Fund
- 2 - The Charles W. Medick Scholarship
- 3 - The Ohio Lions Foundation / Helen Keller Scholarship
- 4 - Shell Oil Company Scholarship for STEM Majors with Disabilities
- 5 - William and Francis Junk Scholarship
- General Scholarships for College Students with Disabilities
The Anna Sborowitz is a scholarship awarded each academic year. This scholarship is awarded to an OSU student who meets the following criteria:
- OSU student with mobility impairment with severe limitations in movement or use of one or more of their extremities.
- Recipient must demonstrate financial need and satisfactory progress in their academic studies.
- Student must be enrolled full-time or be a part-time student with seven or more hours of course work showing substantial progress toward a degree at The Ohio State University.
Students may use the scholarship to support tuition, room, board, special equipment, and miscellaneous expenses such as books and supplies.
Eligible students must have a visual disability.
The number of scholarships and their monetary values vary each year.
To apply for the scholarship,
- complete this application form,
- include a copy of your college transcript (this can be an advising report generated through Buckeye Link),
- Include a one to two page essay. This essay should describe how your disability is an aspect of your identity, as well as how receiving this scholarship will benefit you in your studies.
To apply for a $3000 scholarship,
- Complete this application form.
- Include a copy of your college transcript (this can be an advising report generated through Buckeye Link).
- Include a one to two page essay describing how your disability is an aspect of your identity, as well as how this scholarship will benefit you in your studies.
Eligible students must be residents of the state of Ohio and must have a visual disability. Preference will be given to those students who are legally blind.
To qualify for this $500 scholarship students must be in one of the following majors:
- College of Arts & Sciences
- Earth Sciences – Geology
- Fisher College of Business
- Masters of Human Resource Management program
- Undergraduate, Human Resources program
- College of Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Computer Science Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Materials Science Engineering
- Electrical & Computer Engineering
To qualify for this scholarship (award amount varies), students must be a resident at Creative Living and have a mobility disability. An approximate total of $4000 is awarded annually by Creative Living.
A list of scholarships for college students with disabilities and college students in substance abuse recovery are available in the Documents list at the top of the page.