Quick Reference Guides
Disability Services collaborates with the university community to create accessible educational environments. In that spirit, we developed the quick reference guides below to empower faculty/staff with the tools and knowledge they need. These guides are supplemental to student accommodation letters and other SLDS communication made on an individualized basis.
New guides are currently under development with planned releases during the 2017-2018 academic year.
We welcome your feedback on these guides! Please send your suggestions or comments to email@example.com.
Introduction to Academic Access
- Creating Access, Together: An Introduction for Faculty/Staff (PDF, coming soon)
- 5 Steps for Faciliating Accommodations in Your Course (PDF)
- Common Accommodation Procedures for Instructors (PDF, coming soon)
- Providing Accessible Course Content to Blind/Low Vision Students (PDF)
- Disability-Related Animals on Campus: Summary Chart (coming soon)
- Attendance/Deadline Modification Examples (SLDS webpage)
Universal Design / UDL
- Universal Design for Learning Guidelines (NCUDL)
- Universal Design of Instruction - Checklist (The DO-IT Center, UW)